by DelveInsight Open Angle Glaucoma Market The Insights report provides an in-depth understanding of current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Open Angle Glaucoma market share of individual therapies, current and forecast Open Angle Glaucoma market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented into 7MM (US, EU5 (UK, Italy, Spain, France and Germany) and Japan).
Overview of Open-Angle Glaucoma
Glaucoma describes a group of conditions in which there is a characteristic hollowing of the optic disc with corresponding visual field defects, due to the loss of retinal ganglion cells. It is a progressive disease and the most common cause of irreversible blindness worldwide.
Download sample report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/open-angle-glaucoma-market
Some of the Key Features of the Open Angle Glaucoma Market Report
- According to DelveInsight’s analysis, a higher percentage of diagnosed prevalence was observed among females, compared to males, in all 7MM countries.
- According to analysis by DelveInsight, in 2019 there were 2,749,378 cases of open-angle glaucoma in the United States.
- DelveInsight’s analysis shows that in 2019 there were 7,941,564 and 882,396 cases of POAG and secondary GAO respectively in 7MM.
- Open-angle glaucoma companies such as Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Limited, Santen Pharmaceutical, Bausch and Lomb, D.Western Therapeutics Institute (DWTI)/Kowa LTD., Alcon Research, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Novartis/Alcon Research, Allergan and many others.
- Open angle glaucoma treatments such as ROCKLATAN, Rhopressa, XELPROS (latanoprost ophthalmic emulsion) 0.005%, EYBELIS ophthalmic solution 0.002% (DE-117, Omidenepag isopropyl), VYZULTA, TAPCOM/DE-111 (tafluprost/timolol maleate) , GLANATEC, Simbrinza (brinzolamide/brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic suspension) 1%/0.2%, ZIOPTAN (tafluprost), DuoTrav PQ (travoprost/timolol), TRAVATAN Z (travoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.004%, LUMIGAN 0.01 % (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution), Bimatoprost SR -Release), and several others.
Categories of open-angle glaucoma
The two main categories of glaucoma are
- open angle glaucoma,
- And angle-closure glaucoma.
Types of open-angle glaucoma
Primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and secondary open-angle glaucoma. POAG is a subset of glaucoma defined by an open, normal-appearing anterior chamber angle and elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), with no other underlying disease. In secondary open-angle glaucoma, there is an identifiable cause of increased eye pressure, leading to optic nerve damage and loss of vision.
The sign and symptoms of GAO include increased IOP, anterior chamber angle opening, and optic disc changes seen on clinical examination, such as an elevated cup to disc ratio , asymmetry of the cup/disc ratio between the eyes, vertical elongation of the cup, etc.
Open Angle Glaucoma Risk Factors
Risk factors for GAO include advanced age, family history of glaucoma, African ancestry, myopia, elevated IOP, low blood pressure, topical corticosteroid use, inflammation, and tumor. There are several risk factors such as age > 60, genetic predisposition, certain ocular characteristics (such as pupillary defect, thin cornea, myopia), low level of education, smoking, African ancestry and visual problems, which are associated with this indication and so the treatment model varies accordingly.
Classification of open-angle glaucoma
POAG is classified according to the age of onset, as primary congenital glaucoma (onset up to 3 years old), juvenile open-angle glaucoma (JOAG; onset between 5 and 35 years old), and POAG at age adult (after the age of 35).
Epidemiological segmentation of open-angle glaucoma in 7MM
- Prevalent total population
- Diagnosed prevalence by sex
- Diagnosed prevalence by age
- Total Prevalent Diagnosed Population
- Prevalent population diagnosed by type
The primary goal of glaucoma treatment is to increase quality of life through IOP reduction to preserve visual function. In the process of lowering IOP, an ideal drug should have a simple schedule to follow, disrupt the patient’s life as little as possible, be highly tolerable and affordable. However, medical treatment for glaucoma has associated side effects, complications, and costs.
Open Angle Glaucoma Market Overview
There are three mainstays for lowering eye pressure i.e. medication, laser and surgery. The two types of laser treatments currently used are Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) and Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty (ALT). Surgery for GAO includes cataract surgery, microinvasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS), trabeculectomy, drainage implant surgery, and ciliary body removal. There is a range of drugs for lowering intraocular pressure in the OAG, which are divided into five major classes, namely prostaglandin analogues, beta-blockers, diuretics, cholinergic agonists (parasympthomimetics) and alpha agonists.
Get a preview of the report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/open-angle-glaucoma-markeyou
Evaluating emerging treatment for open-angle glaucoma
Open angle glaucoma Treatment aims to lower IOP and thereby reduce the risk of progressive vision loss, using medication, laser therapy or conventional surgery. Open angle glaucoma Treatment options are expanding rapidly. However, there is no cure available yet.
Open Angle Glaucoma Market Drivers
- Rich Emerging Pipeline
- Development of advanced drugs against glaucoma
- Patient-Friendly Dosage Regimens
- Development of treatment methods to deal with the situation of non-adherence
Open Angle Glaucoma Market Barriers
- Lack of animal models
- Socio-economic barriers
- Lack of patient pool due to underdiagnosis
1. Key information
2. Executive Summary of Open Angle Glaucoma
3. Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Open Angle Glaucoma
4. Open Angle Glaucoma: Market Snapshot
5. Open-angle glaucoma: background and overview of the disease
6. Patient journey
7. Epidemiology of open-angle glaucoma and patient population
8. Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment and Medical Practices
9. Open-angle glaucoma unmet needs
10. Key Parameters of Open-Angle Glaucoma Treatment
11. Products marketed for open-angle glaucoma
12. Emerging therapies for open-angle glaucoma
13. Open-Angle Glaucoma: Seven Key Market Insights
14. Attribute Analysis
15. 7MM: Market Outlook
16. Open Angle Glaucoma Access and Reimbursement Overview
17. KOL Views
18. Market Drivers
19. Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Abilities
23. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a business consulting and market research firm, providing expert business solutions for the life sciences verticals and offering premier consulting services in the areas of R&D, strategy formulation, operations , competitive intelligence, competitive landscape design and mergers and acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact: Yash Bhardwaj
E-mail: Send an email
Address:304 S. Jones Boulevard #2432
Country: United States